Monday, September 15, 2008

My Picasso

The Peanut loves to paint. I love that he loves to paint. I love that he loves to paint at school. I know he's painted at school because he comes home with it all over his school clothes. All I have to do is throw those clothes in the laundry.

The Peanut loves to paint at home. I hate that he loves to paint at home. It's alot of preparation for the Peanut to paint at home, not for the Peanut, but for me. He grabs the paint and brushes. I grab the paper plates the paper towel the table size roll of paper the plastic garbage bags and the oversize t-shirt to protect the Peanut's clothes. I also have to supervise the entire creative experience so the paint only stays in the designated carefully protected area. I use extra paper towels cleaning up spills and the inevitable finger prints on the few things the Peanut touches while I'm cleaning up another mess. I think we could actually save a small forest if the Peanut would only care to paint at school.






3 comments:

KQ said...

You could "accidently" lose the paint...But then he would be sad and the sad face is just the saddest. It make me sad. :)

Ms. Kneisly said...

I remember feeling that same way with Avery. Now it's so much more worth it when you have extra kids around. Then they all paint together.

jennai said...

It is the most remediable moment